Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does your software allow for full size runs as well as individual item posting?
A: Yes, we customize features and views to each store’s needs. Some need full size runs and/or variants like colors also. New items can be listed in a group so that it shows properly on your website as one item with multiple choices of size, pattern or color or you can also individual, unique pieces and even pieces with different conditions (like a new item and an identical used one).
Q: Can I use your software to have people print tags at home and drop off items?
A: Yes, we serve many non-profits and organizations globally that do thrift drop offs where people print tags at home and drop off the items to a location where they are sold at an event.
Q: Do I have to download anything? Can I log in from multiple computers/tablets?
A: No, Resale Global is all browser based. You can log in from anywhere and see all the functionality.
Q: How do I know what sold and what’s ready to ship?
A: Your Shopify dashboard will show you what sold overnight and will allow you to print out your shipping labels individually or in a batch. We always recommend finding your sold items first before printing the labels just to avoid printing a label for something you can’t locate in your physical inventory. You can check the dashboard throughout the day and pack things as they sell and ship them out using your national mail carrier (USPS, Royal Mail, Canada Post, Australia Post etc.) or another service (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) or just pack and ship once a day after you see what sold overnight depending on your volume.
Q: Can I post every item to my store’s Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram pages so people can buy the item from the listing?
A: Yes, they just click the item to purchase it and it will guide them through your cart checkout process. You can also sell through eBay, Google Shopping and on Amazon if you like. You can choose what sites you want to have your items sold through automatically when you set up your system with Resale Global. We partner for cross posting options for Depop, Mercari, Poshmark, Tradesy, Kidizen, Grailed and many other major shopping channels. Your account representative will guide you through the whole process.
Q: Can you convert my entire inventory for me?
A: Yes, we convert data from all other inventory management systems free of charge. We do everything we can to accommodate your existing hardware, but sometimes hardware may be outdated and not be adaptable as we have the latest technology available on the market.
Q: Who are Resale Global clients?
A: Our clients are primarily located in English speaking countries; The United States, Canada, Australia, The United Kingdom and South Africa as examples. They are resale, buy out right, thrift or consignment store and pawn shop owners, looking for a streamlined solution to manage their inventory, consignor payout accounts, and create and manage an online store. They are business owners seeking a reliable and easy way to expand their business to the online global marketplace. They sell everything that you can imagine reselling: women’s, men’s, and children’s clothing and accessories, sneakers, home décor and furniture, sporting goods and collectibles, automobiles, motorcycles, RV’s, boats, restaurant equipment, office furniture, tools and heavy equipment, art and fine jewelry and more. Our system accommodates all resellers of any size from single locations to enterprise users with multiple locations globally.
Q: Do you offer non-profit thrift store discounts and/or enterprise plans?
A: Yes, we have custom pricing for individual not-for-profit thrift stores that are 501 (c)3’s or charities. We have customizable larger, enterprise options for organizations with multiple locations or larger volume sellers. We support all clients no matter what the size with full training, website set ups and unlimited support. Because many of these groups are hand tagging and or have no online sales currently, we’ve seen many cases where our partnerships have allowed organizations to double their revenues when they automate and add online sales. Please contact us for non-profit or enterprise pricing quotes.
Q: What’s your uptime rate?
A: Our 12 month rolling uptime rate is 99.98%. The past 12 months we had one outage for just under 1 hour.
Q: What languages do you provide support in?
A: Mainly English. We can accommodate other languages upon request as our team speaks many languages. Our live support call in hours are 9am -9pm EST and we have 24/7 support to accommodate international clients as required via chat and video calls.
Q: When can clients shop my website?
A: Clients can shop your store’s website 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, regardless of whether or not your brick and mortar location is open.
Q: Do I have to be a current user to participate in your monthly Learning Labs?
A: Yes, a current subscription is required to participate in the monthly User Group Learning Labs and virtual events.
Q: How do I opt out of email requests from Resale Global?
A: In any email received you will be able to unsubscribe via a link provided.
Q: What references can you provide?
Due to our privacy policies, we do not release customer or client contact information but here’s a few recent testimonials we have received from current Resale Global users:
- US based Brick and mortar shop that converted from Consign Pro – now online and brick and mortar – “No conversion is easy, but the Resale Global team has been with us and is available by phone, text, email anytime. Evenings, weekends, no matter when – they always answer my calls and texts in a timely manner. They did the best they could to minimize the equipment I had to buy but they were right – getting the whole setup from Shopify was the best decision I’ve made.”
- Canada – Brand new store set up – online and brick and mortar – “After looking into many options for our set up, we chose Resale Global because they were a one-stop shop and a smaller company where we would not just be a number but an important customer. Out gut was correct and we are thrilled with the work Michael, Wendy and Randy did on our website and Shopify integration. We are off to a great start!”
- US based new store – online first then brick and mortar – “I don’t know what I would have done without the Resale Global team helping me. Carolyn is the most engaged CEO I have ever met and is a real inspiration for a woman business owner. She shares her expertise on all topics and is a great mentor. I love that she and the team are community driven and I have made some great friends with the other store owners I have met on the monthly learning labs. I love that we are all in it together to support each other to prosper. So glad I cancelled my other contract and went with Resale Global as a last-minute decision. It was mostly around price at the time, but it has delivered the value I need long term.”
- UK based dress agency & online consignment business – “Thank you for actually making software that is relevant to our business. We love the pickup/drop off scheduling and the inbound shipping. It makes our lives and scheduling so much easier to be able to see how much inventory is coming in every week. We also appreciate that you allow us to tap into your expertise to customize our website further as our business demands.”
- Online only US based store – purchased from another person, on Consign Pro which was brick and mortar only and now is online too-“I inherited a technology mess with my new store, which has been in my town for 12 years. We have a great local following, but I wanted to be online also. I almost didn’t take the call when Resale Global called but they had the best ideas about my website and my new one was up within 48 hours. We converted my Consign Pro data in about a week and it took another week or so to make sure everything was working well with the Shopify POS hardware integration. I am so happy to have a company that is really a partner in my business. The value I receive for the money I pay is amazing.
- Australian high end luxury brand reseller- “I love that we added the ‘make an offer’ feature to our website. Being able to capture customers that are browsing certain items is very valuable to me as a high volume luxury goods business. The fact that we got our brick and mortar and online store launched within a few days was crucial in our successful launch. I can’t thank you enough for your help and support.”
- US based online only store, converted from Liberty – “Sometimes I would wait 3-4 days to hear from Liberty’s support team – particularly because they have limited hours on the weekends and that’s when we are busiest! Now, when I call or log a ticket, I hear back that day or no later than the next morning depending on the time of day. Our sales are up over 40% from this time last year, even with Covid. I believe its because of the way I enter data now and cross post to multiple sites. I was just selling online and on eBay before, now I have that and Google Shopping, we are doing Facebook Lives, and I cross post with Poshmark, Tradesy and Mercari as well. We are so happy with where we are – so glad to make the switch.'”
- Canada based reseller of high end fashion and furniture – “I woke up happy and hopeful about my business and that hasn’t happened in a few months. Thank you for sharing your business and knowledge with us last night. We appreciate your time, patience, and thorough demonstration. This a no-brainer!”